Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I will not kill for you!

You don’t eat what I eat
You don’t go to my hospitals
Your kids don’t go to our schools
We don’t ride the bus together
My children are jobless
Yours are driving sport cars
You talk sheepishly on TV
Am too tired to get amused
You don’t toil like I do
I don’t ever meet you
Don’t ever want to meet you
You are not my friend
You are a traitor
You work just one month
You steal for five years
I work daily
You steal from me daily
You steal my drugs
You steal my maize
You steal our education money
You steal my land
You clear our forests
You steal my entire livelihood
Now caught
You want me to defend you
By killing my neighbor
Because I speak your language
You are wrong
I speak my neighbor’s language
I speak the language of oppression
I speak the language of struggle
I speak the language of poverty
I speak with my neighbor
You are a thief
You parasite on us
I won’t kill for you
We will kill you instead!

1 comment:

  1. I wont kill for you,
    where is the maize?
    I am hungry,
    where are the drugs?
    I am dying,
    Where are my school funds?
    I want to learn,
    Al faisal?
    You used my money!

    I shall not kill for you!

    ReplyDelete